Associate Scientists/Scientists - Virology or Cell Biology
Riboscience, LLC is a biotechnology company developing treatments for serious infectious diseases and cancer. The Riboscience management team has a track record of success in the discovery and development of novel targets and drug candidates. Our goal is to apply ribose and protein modification technologies to the discovery of drugs that target proteins that are essential and unique to specific infectious pathogens or tumor cells. Riboscience, LLC is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area with locations in Sunnyvale and Palo Alto.
OPEN POSITION SUMMARY
Associate Scientists / Scientists, Virology or Cell Biology
Principal Scientist/Director, Biology
The Associate Scientists / Scientists, Virology or Cell Biology will be in charge of laboratory function, data generation and data management, establishing cell based assays, characterizing compound potency, selectivity and mechanism of action.
BS, MS, PhD or equivalent
- Strong expertise in cell biology with hands-on expertise in at least one relevant area of compound potency, selectivity or mechanism of action characterization, cell biology, virology, cell transformation or tumor biology.
- Intense “can do” startup mentality and motivation.
- Ability to work effectively in a multifunctional and multinational team.
- Sound scientific judgment, strong technical troubleshooting skills and quality-driven.
- Excellent organizational, record keeping and communication skills.
- Motivated team player with a demonstrated ability to work closely with other scientific disciplines involved in drug discovery to solve complex problems.
- At least 3 years post education work experience, drug discovery or development experience preferred.
- Hands-on experience in developing and performing cell based assays and characterization of cellular functions, gene expression, proliferation, viability.
- For the virology position, hands-on experience in virus culture and replication marker quantification is essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite and Prism data analysis software.
- Effective writing of assay protocols and research reports.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com