Senior Scientist/Director - Respiratory Infections
Riboscience, LLC is a biotechnology company developing treatments for serious infectious diseases and cancer. The Riboscience management team has a track record of success in the discovery and development of novel targets and drug candidates. Our goal is to apply ribose and protein modification technologies to the discovery of drugs that target proteins that are essential and unique to specific infectious pathogens or tumor cells. Riboscience, LLC is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area with locations in Sunnyvale and Palo Alto.
OPEN POSITION SUMMARY
Chief Scientific Officer or Vice President, Discovery Research
The Senior Scientist/Director, Respiratory Infections will be leading the preclinical biology efforts related to the generation of drug candidates for respiratory infections, which includes but is not limited to program strategy and tactics and enabling access to high quality tools for the assessment of potency, selectivity, pharmacology and mechanism of action in vitro and in vivo, setting up cell based and in vivo models, managing in-house and external resources and writing and presenting research reports and publications.
MD or PhD in Biology, Virology, Microbiology or related field
- Extensive knowledge in cell biology with hands-on expertise in at least one relevant area of lung cell biology, virology, respiratory infections or drug mechanism of action determination.
- Intense “can do” startup mentality and motivation.
- Ability to work effectively in a multifunctional and multinational team.
- Sound scientific judgment, strong technical troubleshooting skills and quality-driven.
- Excellent organizational, record keeping and communication skills.
- Motivated team player with a demonstrated ability to work closely with other scientific disciplines involved in drug discovery to solve complex problems.
- Strong academic track record, at least 3 years post PhD experience, drug discovery or development experience preferred.
- Hands-on experience in developing and performing cell based assays and characterization of cellular functions, gene expression, proliferation, viability.
- Hands-on experience in respiratory virus or bacterial culture and replication marker quantification is essential.
- Significant track record of accomplishment and writing impact as evidenced by lead authorship on publications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite and Prism data analysis software.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com