Director/Vice president - Preclinical Development
Riboscience, LLC is a biotechnology company developing treatments for serious infectious diseases and cancer. The Riboscience management team has a track record of success in the discovery and development of novel targets and drug candidates. Our goal is to apply ribose and protein modification technologies to the discovery of drugs that target proteins that are essential and unique to specific infectious pathogens or tumor cells. Riboscience, LLC is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area with locations in Sunnyvale and Palo Alto.
OPEN POSITION SUMMARY
Director / Vice President, Preclinical Development
Chief Scientific Officer
The Director or Vice President of Preclinical Development will join the Riboscience management team and will be in charge of developing the preclinical strategy for the complete program portfolio. This role oversees data generation in house and with CROs and collaborators meeting the highest standards scientifically and ethically, to enable highly effective regulatory interactions.
PhD, DVM or equivalent
Experience, qualifications and competencies supported by the candidate’s track record of achievements:
- Typically at least 10 years of experience in drug discovery and development.
- Contributed to successful transitions of drug candidates into clinical development resulting in favorable clinical outcomes.
- Experience as a successful leader of preclinical development in drug discovery and development.
- Expert understanding of regulatory requirements in drug discovery and developmentExperience in establishing and managing effective interactions with CRO and other external partners.
- High standard of integrity, ability to think strategically and to be comfortable and effective communicating and problem solving within a team structure.
- Ability to develop strategic options for portfolio management and lead senior management team discussions.
- Comfortable in a small company environment that is fat-paced, challenging and where all leaders must take a hands-on approach to get things done.
- Excited and driven by science and the vision to improve disease management and patient care.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org